Posted by Sam Kelly | Sep 6, 2019 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
Posted by Sam Kelly | Jan 15, 2019 | Quiz Questions, Themed rounds | 0 |
Posted by Sam Kelly | Dec 25, 2016 | Quiz Questions, Themed rounds | 0 |
Posted by Sam Kelly | Dec 1, 2016 | ITIFOWRTLQ | 0 |
Posted by Sam Kelly | Nov 15, 2016 | Quiz Questions, Themed rounds | 0 |
Sep 10, 2019
The September pub quiz was well attended and high scoring, with ten teams battling it out for the...
Sep 6, 2019
Aug 12, 2019
Jul 15, 2019
Jun 5, 2019
by Sam Kelly | Sep 10, 2019 | Quiz Results
by Sam Kelly | Sep 6, 2019 | Quiz Nights
It’s still a bit chilly in Buenos Aires, but believe it or not, spring isn’t far away...
by Sam Kelly | Sep 6, 2019 | Quiz Results
The August pub quiz was another thriller, with Cat’s Whiskers coming from three and a half...
by Sam Kelly | Aug 12, 2019 | Quiz Results
There was a tight finish to a battle that was neck-and-neck all the way during the July quiz, but...
by Sam Kelly | Aug 11, 2019 | Quiz Nights
The primary elections are over, but if your brain still has energy left after the mental...
by Sam Kelly | Jul 15, 2019 | Quiz Results
Time got away from me a bit after last month’s quiz, but now, right before I head out to...
If you want to take part in the World Quizzing Championship this Saturday, click the link below, then click 'Enter' next to 'WQC' on the left-hand side of the page, and find the Buenos Aires venue (you can use the drop down menu to select 'South America from search by region, to make this bit easier).
You'll have an hour and a half to answer as many questions as you can from 240 written questions across six genres. Space is very limited because the venue is my living room, and registration closes on Wednesday night, so register quickly!
Entry is FREE, and for the BA venue I won't be charging any fee – all we'll ask for is that we split the cost of printing the questions between everyone who plays, so Ale doesn't end up out of pocket. ... See more
Anyone who's interested in taking part in this individual written quiz next month, make yourselves known! I'll try and get a venue if there's enough interest.
Brain Of Football 2018
Think you know football? Then we have the quiz for you! To celebrate the FIFA World Cup, we proudly present ‘Brain of Football 2018’.
This is a quiz of two halves, each of 45 minutes. It kicks off on Saturday 9 June and the final whistle will be blown at midnight UK time on Sunday 17 June. Proctors have been contacted to see if they’d like to run a leg of the quiz, so keep an eye on https://quest.quizzing.com for venues to appear. If there’s not one near you, drop us a private message and we’ll see if we can help.
The papers are split into six genres of 40 questions each with no tie-breaks:
• FIFA’s World Cups: covering qualifying and finals tournaments of the FIFA World Cups and FIFA Women’s World Cups. All aspect, players, matches, records, venues, etc.
• Domestic Football: history, events, and competitions in national leagues and knock out competitions around the world. This obviously focusses on domestic club competitions, including amateur level.
• The Game: laws and rules, history and development, records, paraphernalia, referees and technology, agents, scandals, etc.
• International Football: all aspects of cross-border competition (FIFA’s two World Cups aside) involving clubs and national teams – regional contests like the Euros and Copa America.
• Football Clubs: famous amateur and professional clubs, their origins, history, stadia, kit, badges and logos, mottos.
• Football in the Community: football as portrayed in the media, song, music, interaction and impact on society at large, celebrity supporters and endorsements, grass roots supporters and ultras.
Cost of entry is £7.50/player (plus a share of any venue hire if there is any). ... See more