1. February 2nd sees the celebration of which Day, also the name of a film?
2. Which 1920s gangster was nicknamed Scarface?
3. Which drink was invented in the 1880s by a chemist in Atlanta?
4. How many legs does a sphinx have?
5. The majority of the land area of Africa lies in which hemisphere?
6. Which river flows over Iguazu Falls?
7. The Blue Agave plant is used in the manufacture of which alcoholic drink?
8. In which province was Eva Peron born?
9. Who played Edward Scissorhands (El joven manos de tijera)?
10. If a month has a Friday 13th, on which day of the week did it begin?
1. Which is the only number spelled alphabetically in English?
2. True or False: If a golf course is classified as ‘links’ it means that it has less than 18 holes?
3. Which car manufacturer has a logo called ‘Cavallino Rampante’?
4. Where is the smallest bone in the human body?
5. In which country was Mel Gibson born?
6. The most southerly capital in the world is in which country?
7. Before becoming President, Bill Clinton was Governor of which US State?
8. In the Winnie the Pooh books, Eeyore is which type of animal?
9. Whom did Diana Spencer marry in 1981?
10. For the second year running Argentine Alejandro Patronelli won which category of last month’s Dakar Rally? Cars, Motorcycles or Quads?
Round3 – Flags
1. From left to right, what are the colours of the Mexcian flag?
2. Which 2 animals feature on the Mexican flag?
3. Only one national flag does not have 4 sides – which one?
4. What is the name of the method of communication that uses flags?
5. Which US State Flag contains the British Union Jack in the left hand corner?
6. Which words feature on the Brazilian flag?
7. Apart from the Vatican City, only one country has a square flag – Switzerland, Norway or Bolivia?
8. Are the stripes on the Parguayan flag horizontal or vertical?
9. The African country Ivory Coast’s flag consists of three orange, white and green horizontal stripes arranged in the inverse order of which European country?
10. June 20 marks the death of the creator of the Argentinian Flag – who was he?
1. Which is the highest mountain in Africa?
2. How is drummer Richard Starket better known?
3. Which cartoon dog has a brother called Spike?
4. Which artist was born in Spain and died in France in 1973?
5. Name either of the colours for an official Table Tennis table
6. Which famous literary character lived at 221B Baker Street?
7. Which team currently holds the English FA Cup?
8. As of 2007, which country produces the most grapes in the world?
9. Used to classify minerals, what does the Mohs scale measure?
10. Which animals name comes from the ancient Greek word for “River Horse”
1. Which building in Buenos Aires is on the corner of Hipolito Irigoyen & Balcarce?
2. Which singer won 6 Grammies last night including Best Album?
3. A pheblotomist specialises in extracting what from the human body?
4. In Samuel Beckett’s famous play what are Vladimir & Estragon doing?
5. In which Italian city does the team Juventus play?
6. Portugese is the official language of 5 African nations, name 2 of them.
7. One of the most venomous creatures in the world, what type of animal is an irukandji?
8. Which Argeintinian town is across the river Paraná from Encarnación in Paraguay?
9. In which European country was Argentinian author Julio Cortazar born?
10. Which actress played the evil magazine editor in the film The Devil Wears Prada?
1. Groundhog Day
2. Al Capone
4. 4 (body of a lion)
6. Rio Iguazu (half a point for Paraná)
8. Buenos Aires (Los Toldos)
9. Johnny Depp
2. False – it’s by the sea
4. The ear
6. New Zealand
9. Prince Charles
1. Green, White, Red
2. Eagle & Snake
6. Ordem y Progreso
8. Horizontal (Red, White & Blue)
10. General Belgrano
2. Ringo Starr
4. Pablo Picasso
5. Blue or Green
6. Sherlock Holmes
7. Manchester City
9. Hardness / Scratch Resistance
1. Casa Rosada
4. Waiting for Godot
6. Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, São Tomé and Príncipe, Angola, and Mozambique
10. Meryl Streep