1. In which film do Scarlett Johannsen and Bill Murray stay in the same hotel in Tokyo?
2. The apple brandy Calvados comes from which European country?
3. The Fosbury Flop is a technique used in which sport?
4. In Hebrew how is the Jewish Day of Atonement known?
5. How wrote the opera The Magic Flute?
6. In the world of weaponry, what do the initials ICBM stand for?
7. Which desert is found in South East Mongolia and Northern China?
8. Which artist is famous for his “Blue Period”?
9. Which commonly used legal term means “elsewhere” in Latin?
10. Which Southern Caribbean island is also the name of an alcoholic liqueur?
1. William Tell, who shot an apple from his sons head, was from which country?
2. True or False: the chemical compound Dihydrogen monoxide is poisonous.
3. Which musical instrument does Bill Clinton play?
4. Which actor played Conan the Barbarian?
5. The phrase “My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas” can be used to remember what?
6. In which US state is the Cape Canaveral Space Centre?
7. Who played the President in the film “Air Force One”?
8. A 6th category of Nobel Prize was added to the original list in 1968 – in which field is it awarded?
9. The first official Cricket match took place in 1844 between 2 unlikely countries – name them (1/2 point for each)
10. Which month and year did Carlos Gardel die (1/2 point for each)
Questions about the sea
1. Poseidon was the Greek God of the Sea – what did the Romans call him?
2. In which film does the boat Orca feature?
3. How many Argentina Provinces have a coastline?
4. Into which ocean does the Zambezi River empty?
5. In which year did the Titanic sink?
6. To within 500 metres what is the average depth of the world’s oceans”
7. Who wrote “The Old Man & The Sea”?
8. Which bay is the largest in the world?
9. Cabo San Antonio is considered the southern limit of the Rio de la Plata – which town in Uruguay is the Northern limit?
10. The Sea of Cortez is in which country?
1. Which two countries will take part in the Rugby World Cup final?
2. Which city is said to have been founded by twins Romulus & Remus?
3. For which newspaper does Spiderman Peter Parker work?
4. Which of the four Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles would come first alphabetically?
5. 2 US States are completely rectangular – name one of them
6. Which is the only country to have hosted a Summer Olympic games and not win a single gold medal?
7. Where in the human body is the lunula?
8. The Edelweiss is the national flower of Switzerland and which other European country?
9. How old is Argentine Diva Susana Gimenez?
10. Which song begins with the line, I was born in a cross-fire hurricane?
1. Which name links a popular party hostel in Buenos Aires, The Simpsons and Richard Nixon?
2. In which country is the city of Tabasco?
3. Which team on the 2010/2011 French Ligue 1?
4. How is singer Stefani Germanotta better known?
5. Which is the largest lake in South America?
6. Santa Rosa is the capital of which Argentinian province?
7. In the film, what is the Big Lebowksi’s favourite drink?
8. In which country was tennis legend Martina Navratilova born?
9. Name the cartoon based musical group started by Blur singer Damon Albarn
10. Which 2 countries have a border with Ecuador?
TieBreaker: How many dimples does a regulation golf ball have?
1. Lost In Translation
3. High Jump
4. Yom Kippur
6. Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile
2. False – it’s water
4. Arnold Schwarzenegger
5. The order of the planets starting from the sun
7. Harrison Ford
9. USA & Canada
10. (24th) June 1935
3. 5 (BsAs, Rio Negro, Chubut, Santa Cruz & Tierra del Fuego)
4. Indian Ocean
7. Ernest Hemingway
8. The Bay of Bengal
9. Punta del Este
1. France & New Zealand
3. The Daily Bugle
5. Colorado & Wyoming
6. Canada (Montreal 1976)
7. Fingernail (the white crescent)
10. Jumpin’ Jack Flash
1. Millhouse / Milhouse / Milhous
4. Lady Gaga
5. Lake Titcaca
6. La Pampa
7. White Russian
10. Peru & Colombia