Posted by Sam Kelly | Jul 16, 2018 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
Posted by Sam Kelly | Dec 12, 2017 | Quiz Nights, Quiz Results | 0 |
Posted by Sam Kelly | Jul 7, 2017 | Quiz Nights, Quiz Results | 0 |
by Sam Kelly | Jul 16, 2018 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
The Independence Day celebrations last Monday mean the July quiz moves to the third Monday of the...
by Sam Kelly | Jun 10, 2018 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
As we approach the bleak Buenos Aires midwinter, why not head down to La Cigale for a dose of...
by Sam Kelly | May 13, 2018 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
Autumn has well and truly set in, but nothing can keep you dry and warm like a fine overcoat made...
by Sam Kelly | Apr 7, 2018 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
A quarter of the year has already gone, and another Buenos Aires Pub Quiz is upon us. We’ll...
by Sam Kelly | Mar 12, 2018 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
The final BA Pub Quiz of the summer has arrived! On the evening of the 12th March, Buenos...
by Sam Kelly | Feb 9, 2018 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
The second pub quiz of 2018 in Buenos Aires is delayed from our usual second Monday by Carnival,...
by Sam Kelly | Jan 5, 2018 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
We’ve made it into another year! If you’re among the hardy bunch of porteños who...
by Sam Kelly | Dec 12, 2017 | Quiz Nights, Quiz Results | 0 |
This year, I’ve been totting up the cumulative scores for all of our regular teams, and on...
by Sam Kelly | Dec 11, 2017 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
A combination of the website being down last week, and a busier-than-expected weekend means I...
by Sam Kelly | Nov 10, 2017 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
Spring has well and truly sprung, and what better way to mark the best time of year to be in...
by Sam Kelly | Oct 7, 2017 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
Spring is upon us, and with it comes new life, optimism, and joy. No-one seems to have told the...
by Sam Kelly | Sep 10, 2017 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
Quizmaster Sam has returned from holiday, and takes the reins again from Richard, as the BA Pub...
If you want to take part in the World Quizzing Championship this Saturday, click the link below, then click 'Enter' next to 'WQC' on the left-hand side of the page, and find the Buenos Aires venue (you can use the drop down menu to select 'South America from search by region, to make this bit easier).
You'll have an hour and a half to answer as many questions as you can from 240 written questions across six genres. Space is very limited because the venue is my living room, and registration closes on Wednesday night, so register quickly!
Entry is FREE, and for the BA venue I won't be charging any fee – all we'll ask for is that we split the cost of printing the questions between everyone who plays, so Ale doesn't end up out of pocket. ... See more
Anyone who's interested in taking part in this individual written quiz next month, make yourselves known! I'll try and get a venue if there's enough interest.
Brain Of Football 2018
Think you know football? Then we have the quiz for you! To celebrate the FIFA World Cup, we proudly present ‘Brain of Football 2018’.
This is a quiz of two halves, each of 45 minutes. It kicks off on Saturday 9 June and the final whistle will be blown at midnight UK time on Sunday 17 June. Proctors have been contacted to see if they’d like to run a leg of the quiz, so keep an eye on https://quest.quizzing.com for venues to appear. If there’s not one near you, drop us a private message and we’ll see if we can help.
The papers are split into six genres of 40 questions each with no tie-breaks:
• FIFA’s World Cups: covering qualifying and finals tournaments of the FIFA World Cups and FIFA Women’s World Cups. All aspect, players, matches, records, venues, etc.
• Domestic Football: history, events, and competitions in national leagues and knock out competitions around the world. This obviously focusses on domestic club competitions, including amateur level.
• The Game: laws and rules, history and development, records, paraphernalia, referees and technology, agents, scandals, etc.
• International Football: all aspects of cross-border competition (FIFA’s two World Cups aside) involving clubs and national teams – regional contests like the Euros and Copa America.
• Football Clubs: famous amateur and professional clubs, their origins, history, stadia, kit, badges and logos, mottos.
• Football in the Community: football as portrayed in the media, song, music, interaction and impact on society at large, celebrity supporters and endorsements, grass roots supporters and ultras.
Cost of entry is £7.50/player (plus a share of any venue hire if there is any). ... See more