Posted by Sam Kelly | Dec 1, 2016 | ITIFOWRTLQ | 0 |
by Sam Kelly | Dec 1, 2016 | ITIFOWRTLQ | 0 |
This is the first post of an occasional new series which I’ll be giving the snappy...
We have a venue for the Brain Of Football quiz! Sam invites anyone interested (well, up to six of you, and one spot is already taken) to join him in his living room on Wednesday evening next week to take part in this one-off written quiz from the people behind the Americas Quiz Circuit, Hot 100 and the World Quizzing Championship. £7.50 entry fee (or whatever the equivalent of that in pesos is come next Wednesday) plus a small share of the printing costs to give to Ale. Bring your own bottle/cans. ... See more
Brain Of Football 2018
Think you know football? Then we have the quiz for you! To celebrate the FIFA World Cup, we proudly present ‘Brain of Football 2018’.
This is a quiz of two halves, each of 45 minutes. It kicks off on Saturday 9 June and the final whistle will be blown at midnight UK time on Sunday 17 June. Proctors have been contacted to see if they’d like to run a leg of the quiz, so keep an eye on https://quest.quizzing.com for venues to appear. If there’s not one near you, drop us a private message and we’ll see if we can help.
The papers are split into six genres of 40 questions each with no tie-breaks:
• FIFA’s World Cups: covering qualifying and finals tournaments of the FIFA World Cups and FIFA Women’s World Cups. All aspect, players, matches, records, venues, etc.
• Domestic Football: history, events, and competitions in national leagues and knock out competitions around the world. This obviously focusses on domestic club competitions, including amateur level.
• The Game: laws and rules, history and development, records, paraphernalia, referees and technology, agents, scandals, etc.
• International Football: all aspects of cross-border competition (FIFA’s two World Cups aside) involving clubs and national teams – regional contests like the Euros and Copa America.
• Football Clubs: famous amateur and professional clubs, their origins, history, stadia, kit, badges and logos, mottos.
• Football in the Community: football as portrayed in the media, song, music, interaction and impact on society at large, celebrity supporters and endorsements, grass roots supporters and ultras.
Cost of entry is £7.50/player (plus a share of any venue hire if there is any). ... See more
This weekend, we were proud to make Buenos Aires the only South American venue in the 2018 World Quiz Championship (and, indeed, the first ever South American venue in the competition's history). Quizmaster Sam finished in 537th place, and Andrés finished in 855th out of 1,927 contestants. The consensus among various elite-level European quizzers is that this year's quiz was a very hard one, so rest assured if you come along to the Buenos Aires Pub Quiz (next quiz on the 11th June) you'll be getting a good mental workout.
(Don't worry, though. Even in the most difficult months, Sam's question sets aren't anywhere near world championship difficulty.) ... See more