Posted by Sam Kelly | Sep 27, 2018 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
Posted by Sam Kelly | Dec 12, 2017 | Quiz Nights, Quiz Results | 0 |
Posted by Sam Kelly | Jul 7, 2017 | Quiz Nights, Quiz Results | 0 |
Posted by Sam Kelly | Dec 25, 2016 | Quiz Questions, Themed rounds | 0 |
Posted by Sam Kelly | Dec 1, 2016 | ITIFOWRTLQ | 0 |
Posted by Sam Kelly | Nov 15, 2016 | Quiz Questions, Themed rounds | 0 |
Feb 9, 2018
The first BA Pub Quiz of 2018 was an incredibly closely-fought battle, with no fewer than three...
Dec 12, 2017
Jul 24, 2017
Jul 7, 2017
by Sam Kelly | Sep 27, 2018 | Quiz Nights
The October pub quiz is a little earlier than normal, because I’m off on holiday for a few...
by Sam Kelly | Sep 4, 2018 | Quiz Nights
Is it September already? So it is! The monthly festival of trivia which is the Buenos Aires Pub...
by Sam Kelly | Aug 12, 2018 | Quiz Nights
As the days start to get noticeably longer and spring feels just around the corner in Buenos...
by Sam Kelly | Jul 16, 2018 | Quiz Nights
The Independence Day celebrations last Monday mean the July quiz moves to the third Monday of the...
by Sam Kelly | Jun 10, 2018 | Quiz Nights
As we approach the bleak Buenos Aires midwinter, why not head down to La Cigale for a dose of...
by Sam Kelly | May 13, 2018 | Quiz Nights
Autumn has well and truly set in, but nothing can keep you dry and warm like a fine overcoat made...
We have a venue for the Brain Of Football quiz! Sam invites anyone interested (well, up to six of you, and one spot is already taken) to join him in his living room on Wednesday evening next week to take part in this one-off written quiz from the people behind the Americas Quiz Circuit, Hot 100 and the World Quizzing Championship. £7.50 entry fee (or whatever the equivalent of that in pesos is come next Wednesday) plus a small share of the printing costs to give to Ale. Bring your own bottle/cans. ... See more
Brain Of Football 2018
Think you know football? Then we have the quiz for you! To celebrate the FIFA World Cup, we proudly present ‘Brain of Football 2018’.
This is a quiz of two halves, each of 45 minutes. It kicks off on Saturday 9 June and the final whistle will be blown at midnight UK time on Sunday 17 June. Proctors have been contacted to see if they’d like to run a leg of the quiz, so keep an eye on https://quest.quizzing.com for venues to appear. If there’s not one near you, drop us a private message and we’ll see if we can help.
The papers are split into six genres of 40 questions each with no tie-breaks:
• FIFA’s World Cups: covering qualifying and finals tournaments of the FIFA World Cups and FIFA Women’s World Cups. All aspect, players, matches, records, venues, etc.
• Domestic Football: history, events, and competitions in national leagues and knock out competitions around the world. This obviously focusses on domestic club competitions, including amateur level.
• The Game: laws and rules, history and development, records, paraphernalia, referees and technology, agents, scandals, etc.
• International Football: all aspects of cross-border competition (FIFA’s two World Cups aside) involving clubs and national teams – regional contests like the Euros and Copa America.
• Football Clubs: famous amateur and professional clubs, their origins, history, stadia, kit, badges and logos, mottos.
• Football in the Community: football as portrayed in the media, song, music, interaction and impact on society at large, celebrity supporters and endorsements, grass roots supporters and ultras.
Cost of entry is £7.50/player (plus a share of any venue hire if there is any). ... See more
This weekend, we were proud to make Buenos Aires the only South American venue in the 2018 World Quiz Championship (and, indeed, the first ever South American venue in the competition's history). Quizmaster Sam finished in 537th place, and Andrés finished in 855th out of 1,927 contestants. The consensus among various elite-level European quizzers is that this year's quiz was a very hard one, so rest assured if you come along to the Buenos Aires Pub Quiz (next quiz on the 11th June) you'll be getting a good mental workout.
(Don't worry, though. Even in the most difficult months, Sam's question sets aren't anywhere near world championship difficulty.) ... See more