1. At the beginning of the month the cost of a ticket on the Buenos Aires subte increased from 1.10 to what price?
2. From which grain is the Japanese drink sake made?
3. Before becoming Predident, Barack Obama was a senator for which US State?
4. How many time zones does China have?
5. How many dots are there on pair of dice?
6. Which actress has adopted children called Zahara, Pax & Maddox?
7. Bibendum is the mascot of which European company?
8. In the world of music, how is Robert van Winkle better known?
9. Which city did Idlewild airport serve before being renamed in the 1960s?
10. Barcelona’s Lionel Messi won this year’s Ballon d’Or prize – for which team does the 2nd placed player play?
1. In which year did Margaret Thatcher become Prime Minister of the UK?
2. In which city is the Canadian Stock Exchange based?
3. In 1972 Eugene Cernan was the last person to do what?
4. Which international non-governmental organisation was founded in Vancouver in 1971 and now has its headquarters in Amsterdam?
5. Only one chess piece always stays on the same colour square – which one?
6. In Greek Mythology who fell in love with his own reflection?
7. How many squares are there on a Scrabble board?
8. How many days will February 2012 have?
9. Bruce Banner is the real name of which superhero?
10. Which building in Buenos Aires was the tallest in South America when it opened in 1923?
Questions about January
1. The Space Shuttle Challenger exploded shortly after takeoff on January 28th of which year?
2. Actress January Jones plays Betty Draper in which US TV Series?
3. January takes its name from the Roman God Janus – what is unusual about him?
4. 2 countries have their national day on the 26th January – name either one.
5. In a non-Leap Year January begins on the same day of the week as which other month?
6. Relax by Frankie Goes to Hollywood reached Number One in the UK on the 28th January of which year? 1982, 1984 or 1986?
7. If your birthday is today, what start sign are you?
8. Operation Desert Storm against Iraqi forces occupying Kuwait began in January of which year?
9. Argentina actor Ricardo Darin was born on January 16 – in which decade?
10. US Author JD Salinger died in January 2010 – for which novel is he principally known?
1. Ikebana is the Japanese art of what?
2. Which country is the world’s largest ricer producer? China, India or Brasil?
3. Which actor played in a band called DogStar?
4. In which African country was the highest ever air temperature of 57C recorded in 1922?
5. The French penal colony known as Devil’s Island was featured in which book and movie adaptation?
6. According to the Schmidt Sting Pain Index what type of insect gives the most painful sting – a bee, an ant or a wasp?
7. Which metal has the chemical symbol Ag?
8. Who won the 2011 Tour de France?
9. Viedma is the capital of which Argentine province?
10. Veuve Clicquot, Pol Roger & Lanson all make what?
1. If you were to list the stations of Line D in alphabetical order, which station would come last?
2. Which actor played Ray Charles in the movie Ray?
3. Which number did footballer Eric Cantona wear whilst playing for Manchester United?
4. The Caribbean islands of San Andres & Providencia belong to which South American country?
5. Credit Rating Agencies have been in the news a lot recently, name 2 of the “Big 3”
6. First published in 1818 who wrote Frankenstein?
7. Which Beatles song begins with the line “I read the news today, oh boy”?
8. Which body feature does a pogonologist study?
9. Simpson, Negev & Mojave are examples of which geographical feature?
10. What nationality is tennis player Martina Hingis?
6. Angelina Jolie
8. Vanilla Ice
9. New York
10. Real Madrid
3. Walk on the moon
9. The Incredible Hulk
10. Palacio Barolo
2. Mad Men
3. He has 2 faces
4. Australia & India
9. 50s (1957)
10. Catcher in the Rye
1. Flower Arranging
3. Keanu Reeves
6. An ant (Bullet Ant – Like fire-walking over flaming charcoal with a 3-inch rusty nail in your heel.)
8. Cadel Evans
9. Rio Negro
2. Jamie Foxx
5. Fitch, Moody’s and S&P
6. Mary Shelley
7. Day in the Life